ewaldsinengland

The Ewald Family of Appleton, Wisconsin USA is off to the Isle of Wight in the United Kingdom for a year.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Winneconne, Wisconsin, United States

Science Teacher Wife Mother

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mother's Day

Went for a hike today along the cliffs. We walked from Brightstone to Niton, which is a hike of about eight miles. The hike itself was beautiful. It was along the cliffs on the English Channel. They are a combination of white chalk (like the white cliffs of Dover) and reddish sandstone. So, you see the beautiful downs (flattish, green fields) coming down to the cliffs. The cliff edge is rather jagged due to erosion. I will add pictures to my blogs as soon as I get my new computer set up to download them. It would have been a perfect hike, however, the wind was so strong, at times I thought we would get blown right off the cliff.

Chris just got back from five days in Scotland with his geology class. He had a really good time, learned a lot about the geology of Scotland, and got to know his students really well. He is doing a really good job at school. In fact, he has even covered some classes, and very successfully also. The girls are doing well. They just got their school reports and they are doing very well.

This friday night, we are having a cocktail and snack party. Everyone needs to bring the stuff needed to make their typical cocktail and bring a snack to share. So, I have to get the recipe to make old fashions, as I think of that as the typical 'Wisconsin' cocktail.