ewaldsinengland

The Ewald Family of Appleton, Wisconsin USA is off to the Isle of Wight in the United Kingdom for a year.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Winneconne, Wisconsin, United States

Science Teacher Wife Mother

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Weekly Hikes

Saturday Walks

In order to try to lose some of the weight I have gained since moving to the isle of carbohydrates, Carin and I have started taking a long hike each Saturday along one of the many trails and paths they have here. Last week, we walked from Sandown to
Ryde, a hike of approximately 7 miles. See attached map. It was a beautiful hike, but tough due to the change in elevation. It was made even more difficult due to the wet and muddy conditions. Going over the Brading Down was very hard climbing.
Today, we went from East Cowes to Ryde, a hike of 8 miles. It was an easier hike, but not as scenic and the previous one. Once a month, as a reward for our hard work, we are going to take a Pub Walk. These are hikes that start and finish at pubs. We will reward ourselves with some pub food - YUM.



1 Comments:

Blogger Faye Ewald said...

Jes:

Every time I am on one of my hikes, I think of you and how much you would love them. I also think about how much easier they would be for you. Even though they aren't all that long, there is often a substantial change in elevation.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home