ewaldsinengland

The Ewald Family of Appleton, Wisconsin USA is off to the Isle of Wight in the United Kingdom for a year.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Winneconne, Wisconsin, United States

Science Teacher Wife Mother

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Second Half Term Break

Pat's Visit

Well, we had a really nice visit with Pat. She stayed with us for about seven days and we had a lot of fun. We spend the week here on the good ole Isle of Wight touring around. We visited some of the most interesting sights on the island. Some of which we had been to before and some we hadn't. We had some fabulous meals in some very interesting and very old pubs. We drank some good beer.

We had a really nice day when we visited the Ventnor Botanical Gardens. The gardens were alrright, but it was winter. However, the views of the English Channel were wonderful. After the gardens, we took a walk along the coastal path down to the Channel and had lunch at the Spyglass Inn. This is a very old pub that has traditional pub food. Chris and Pat had the old English standby of fish and chips. I had fish pie. Which may not sound good, but taste great.

Four more weeks until spring break and I really can't wait. We had another science teacher leave and we have one out due to 'stress'. The one out on 'stress' is the one who started in January to replace the other American teacher which left in November. So, in exchange for not having to do covers (taking a lesson of an absent teacher - which is required here), I agreed to teach another class. So now, I have nine preps. We are all really looking forward to Ellen and Molly's visit. However, since I have started crying both times we have had visitors, I can just imagine what a basket case I will be when I see them.

The kids at school are not any better, in fact they may be getting worse. In the last five days, I have been called a 'fucking bitch' about six times. I had my really, really bad class today. It took them them an entire class period to cut out a picture of the Earth, glue it into their book, draw a moon around it, and explain what a moon is (most of them didn't know, so I had to tell them). I look at that class as 'babysitting' more than teaching.

Take care everyone and know that we miss you all very much!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home