ewaldsinengland

The Ewald Family of Appleton, Wisconsin USA is off to the Isle of Wight in the United Kingdom for a year.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Winneconne, Wisconsin, United States

Science Teacher Wife Mother

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Guess What This Means

Here is a fun little contest. Try to guess what these 'british' statement means:

1. Does my head in.
2. Couldn't be bothered.
3. He's (she's) alittle gobby.
4. I'm chuffed.
5. Should I bring crackers to the party?
6. Put your wellies on.
7. Do you want gammon for dinner.
8. It was nicked.
9. He wound me up.
10. Do you have a rubber.

Person who gets the most right wins a prize.

4 Comments:

Blogger Faye Ewald said...

Molly:

You are the first entry into the contest with a score of 2 - well done. Can't wait to see you. Got your package, loved it. The girls loved what you sent with Jess - Thanks. Faye

1:37 AM  
Blogger Faye Ewald said...

Jess:

We like the way you think. However, we can only give you one point for your entry into the contest.

Faye

12:51 PM  
Blogger Faye Ewald said...

Say Hello to the family for me. Tell them I will be thinking of them all and wishing I was there. Eat some good fish for me. Faye

12:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1.does my head in...can't think about it. 2.couldn't be bothered...exactly what it says...I couldn't be bothered with it. 3.isn't a gobby a fat little child who eats everything in sight? 4. chuffed I think is tired 5. crackers are those things you pull at Christmas time...confetti and a crown as well as a prezzie and your forturne pop out 6. wellies are rain boots...you wear them with a slicker 7. gammon is ham 8. nicked is stolen 9. he made me angry and 10...an eraser!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home