ewaldsinengland

The Ewald Family of Appleton, Wisconsin USA is off to the Isle of Wight in the United Kingdom for a year.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Winneconne, Wisconsin, United States

Science Teacher Wife Mother

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

School Started Today

Well, I just finished my first day of school. The system here is so different from the US. I am having a very difficult time adjusting to the differences. The students are pretty much the same, except they all call me Miss.

Evelyn and Andrea did not start school today with all the other children, as we are so far, unable to get them into a school. In addition, they tell us that the only school available is in Newport, which would mean a 40 minute bus ride each way. They would have to go by public bus. I am not happy with that and have told them that I will not accept them going to any school, but those in Ryde. I am giving them until Friday to fix this problem.

Overall, it has been a very difficult transition. Despite the similarities, this place is so very different from the US. I am hoping the adjustment with happen and we will all settle in soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home